Thursday, February 13, 2014

Inexpensive Ways To Organize Your Jewelry

I love jewelry. Jewelry makes me happy. Jewelry puts a smile on my face and I own tons of fabulous stuff. From statement pieces, to thin and delicate chains and bracelets. Recently, I've been finding myself in a bit of a bind when it comes to organizing my statement necklaces. I've tried many different things to get organized and have spent a pretty penny doing so. The end result? Not for me.

Jewelry Trays: The problem? My necklaces don't fit.  



Jewelry Boxes: Quite chaotic. Too many boxes would pile up and I would completely forget what I had.



Hanging Bag/Travel Bag: And then there is the body bag. Yes, I said it. That clear plastic thing you hang in your closet. The idea of it seemed great at first, but having to bundle up the large pieces to fit in the slots, did not work. My pieces would get tangled (sometimes even break) and I would have to find a place in my closet where it wouldn't get smushed between my clothes. This just didn't work for me. Even though this is great for traveling.


Jewelry Armoire / Box: I then went online to possibly purchase a free-standing armoire or jewelry box, but those things can cost you a pretty penny. I would rather spend more money on jewelry than on a "dresser" to put your jewelry in.


My solution, you ask?

I tend to be a very organized person, and like to take on a challenge. Here's what I came up with:

CHALLENGE

To find a clever and inexpensive way to organize my jewelry.

BUDGET

Given that this was a challenge and the title of my blog post is "Inexpensive ways to Organize Your Jewelry", I set my budget to $20.00. 

SHOPPING LIST

1) A cork board

I bought two from target for $7 each. They are 18x22 inches. Sure enough, you can find them online for less; in different sizes and colors.

2) Push pins 

Again, purchased from Target. 100 pins set me back $2.19.

3) Ribbon

Bought from the Dollar store. Man do I love a good Dollar store. I got two different colors to use to hold some of the jewelry and to decorate/personalize my board.






I started with creating a boarder for my board. I chose to do this, just to personalize a little more. I love that pop of color. 



CREATIVITY IS ENCOURAGED! 


This is without the ribbon. Spread out neatly. 



This is with the ribbon. It almost looks like a cool piece of artwork. 




Due to my lack of space, I really needed to fit as many necklaces as I could onto a board, and this is what I ended up with. Doesn't look as pretty, but its very practical. I can actually see what I have, Try it  on when I want, and put it away when I'm done. I've been using this "method" for two weeks now, and it has worked out great (for me)! I've had it on my counter, leaned up against the wall. (If only I can get my husband to hang it on the wall…)


Hope you enjoyed this. 


Always remember, there is no expiration date when it comes to confidence.... and confidence NEVER goes out of style. How up-to-date are you?

Rock it, Rock it Right, and Stay Fabulous
Blogged with Love By Trendy Mendy


GET SOCIAL WITH US:
Follow us on instagram @trendymendy, @p_joon, and @lovetrendymendy (www.instagram.com)
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook/shoptrendymendy.com (www.Facebook.com)

Follow us on Twitter @trendymendygirl (www.twitter.com)









No comments :

Post a Comment