Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What's Really In? How you feel from Within...


I decided to write about something that's important to me and something I've been thinking about a lot, especially lately. Fashion, Style, and what's really trendy.

Let me start off by saying... I love clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry, hair products, make-up, etc... You name it, Im obsessed. I can spend hours in Bloomingdales and Target going through racks of clothes, buying make-up and anti-aging face moisturizers, trying on clothes, shoes, hats, belts, and scarves. Fashion is something that I truly love among many things in life. I've been this way since I was 12. At the age of 16, I had every credit card you could possibly imagine: Saks, Neimans, Macy's, Target, Gap, Banana Republic, etc. I don't see anything wrong with that. (By "that" I mean my love for fashion, the credit card thing was a small problem). I mean, guys have their cars and sports Victoria Secrets catalogs, right? I'm the first one that will post pictures on my Facebook or Instagram and tweet about the shoes I want to buy, or the $250 silk Joie Shirt I just bought, which, by the way, is soooo cute.


It seems that every time I go out in Los Angeles, Beautiful people surround me left and right. Girls and Guys are dressed to the T. The girls are wearing the cutest dresses, super fabulous Trendy Mendy jewelry, the famous Red-Bottom Christian Louboutins and Chanel bags. I'm thinking this is one sexy group of girls out here in Los Angeles, including myself of course. Holla.  Everyone dances and lets lose, as some are doing the famous fist pump to the beat of the music....Boom! Boom! Boom! Sounds like fun, right? And then it happens to me, every time. Especially recently. I start to analyze my surroundings and really start to look at these girls. I mean really look at them. I don't see what I initially think I'm seeing. I think every one of those girls is cute. They are all dressed cute. They all have on the latest fashion trends. Makeup done. Hair done. But that was not the reality of it. They actually look unattractive. And I'll tell you why. They seemed to be obsessing over their lip gloss, and if their hair was flipped in the right direction, or if they had enough blush on their cheeks. They made sure to sit or stand in a way that their stomachs would look flat and their legs would look thin. They constantly asked each other how they looked and if they needed to add more makeup or not. I'm thinking, it's a night out, I get to get dressed up, goto a hot new cub, get some dancing out of my system... Not really the case. I then proceeded to go to the restroom, which was a whole different world. It was a ZOO of girls constantly trying to "fix" themselves.





It actually saddened me. Because each and everyone of these girls was beautiful. They were dressed really cute and they were very trendy and fashionable. What was making them unattractive was their lack of confidence. They had absolutely no confidence. And even if they did, they definitely didn't show it.

That is what this blog is about. It's about your Confidence and Attitude in life. Something I feel very strongly about.

I was blessed to have amazing parents who ALAWYS taught me how to be confident in life. How to always feel good from within. It DOES NOT matter what you wear, how "fashionable" you are, how much your shoes cost.... If at the end of the day, you don't feel good from within, you DO NOT look good. Fashion for me STARTS with the confidence one has. That is the first step.

I wanted to let you in on one of my daily routines, that may sound SILLY at first, but I promise you, try it, and you will see a huge difference in your life. Two steps that will take you only a couple of minutes in the morning.

STEP ONE - GRATITUDE IS THE BEST ATTITUDE: Every morning when I wake up, I thank God for everything I have and don't have in my life. I feel blessed everyday. When you start to show more gratitude, you feel more positive throughout you day. And that in turn, that rubs off on others, and before you know it, we're all living in one big bundle of happiness and gratitude. Gratitude is the best Attitude.




STEP TWO- MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL: After, your moment of gratitude... look at yourself in the mirror, and tell yourself how beautiful you are. Look at yourself, and see your beauty. Say it out loud. "Wow, I am beautiful. I am one sexy beast." Do a few twirls. And say it again.You will probably laugh a few times because this seems so silly, but I promise you it works. We ALL have confidence issues. Oh, my nose is too big, I need to lose weight, I have big feet, my ears are ugly, blah blah, blah, blah, blah! Stop with it already. Feel good with who you are from the inside, and your outlook will completely change. There is nothing wrong with trying to better yourself, or take care of yourself, or to try to get fit and healthy. But knocking yourself down accomplishes nothing. Feel good with who you are from the inside, and let that be the motivation for a HEALTHY change. Once you build yourself up from within, then the trendy clothes and jewelry and fabulous ombre color you are rocking will truly begin to shine. You're fabulous, and you know it.



Here is a poem I wrote to always keep your confidence pumped! And yes, I wrote EVERY word to this poem - as I always used to win poetry competitions in elementary and junior high:


Trendy Mendy's Confidence Rap

What's Fashion and Style really about? 
Not what you wear or or the clothes you pick out.

It's not the amount of makeup you wear,
Or the way you color and style your hair.

It's not about the brands you buy,
or How you dress to impress "that guy". 

Its not what they write in these magazines,
That say "Wear this and that to feel like a Queen".

Its not about the latest nail trend,
Or what to buy and how much you spend

Its not about the "new colors for fall"
Or the heels you wear that make you feel tall

Because Honey, that is not fashion at all.

I'll tell you what I think fashion is,
Fashion is what you feel from within.

Fashion is YOUR confidence and Attitude.
Being grateful and showing your gratitude. 

Boost your confidence. Have positive thoughts.
Think style is my attitude, not what I just bought. 

So When you wake up to start your day, 
Look in the mirror, get ready to say:

"Hey they beautiful, you're looking real fine."
"Fizzy hair, no makeup and the crust on your eyes."

"You're one sexy lady and so fabulous girl."
Take a good look at yourself and do a few twirls. 

So stop putting yourself down all the time.
Have tons of confidence and empower your mind.

And then what you wear will only reflect,
The important things you tend to neglect. 

Think positive. Be Confident. Eliminate your blues.
You wear your clothes, they're not wearing you. 

Always remember, there is no expiration date when it comes to confidence.... and confidence NEVER goes out of style. How up-to-date are you?

Rock it, Rock it Right, and Stay Fabulous
Blogged with Love By Trendy Mendy


GET SOCIAL WITH US:
Follow us on instagram @trendymendy, @p_joon, and @lovetrendymendy (www.instagram.com)
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook/shoptrendymendy.com (www.Facebook.com)
Follow us on Twitter @trendymendygirl (www.twitter.com)

No comments :

Post a Comment